Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Cylinder 1 misfire and I have changed the fuel injector the…

Customer Question
Cylinder 1 misfire and...

Cylinder 1 misfire and I have changed the fuel injector the spark plug and the coil and the engine light and the problem still exist

Mechanic's Assistant: Has your vehicle stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?

Yeah there is the code for cyclinfer 1 open misfire and cyclinfer 1open misfire injector

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?

2005 cts

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CTS yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just described what was serviced

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Fuel injector , spark plug. Coil

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Cadillac
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/10/2018
Cadillac Mechanic: Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician replied 1 month ago
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician

Is it actually running poorly, or is it just setting a code?

Did you still need help with this?

Please take a moment to rate my answers using the stars at the top of the page, that's how I get compensated. Let me know if you need anything else, I am happy to follow up.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ITS running poorly but come to find it’s a ecm problem
You’ve verified this? Are you replacing it yourself or having it done?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Went through a series of check ecm isn’t giving power to the injector which is cord 53 on the ecm and it was checked. Which gave little to no power all others voltage tested at 3.5 injector one is .7
7 what? This engine operates by the rcm supplying ground to the injectors, power is present at all times when key is on. What were you measuring?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I said .7 which is coming out the ecm on injector 1 this is a voltage test .. every other injector is reading 3.5 .. and a ground runs all injectors on one side so if it was a poor ground would all injectors be misfirimg ? What do you think this is seems to me you assuming something else may be wrong instead of a ecm

ECM can be faulty, I'm just going over your testing results.

ECM supplies ground to the injectors by pulsing. Injectors have power at all times, so the injector opens when the ECM supplies this ground, which it does on an individual basis for milliseconds at a time.

Power to the injector comes from a fuse, not from the ECM. I want to be sure your test results are accurate before you spend the money ($$$$) on replacing the ECM, and so far, I don't think you're headed the right way. Trying to save you money and disappointment.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks I check the fuse as well what else I need to check

Go to #1 injector and see if you actually have B+ at one of the wires by using a test light. With key on, one of the two wires should have power, the other should have nothing... not power, not ground.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That’s what we did wire 53 don’t have anything
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
from the injector connector there’s is power coming out it we plugged a tester that looks like a bulb to it and the bulb didn’t light up
Ok and you performed this test while cranking the engine?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
sir
Ok! And you verified this lack of ground signal right at the ecm as well? That is to say, this wire isn’t just broken, is it?

Did you get this worked out?

Please take a moment to rate my answers by clicking on the stars at the top of the page, that's how I get compensated. If you need more help, just let me know, I am happy to follow up.

Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician