Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2010 cadillac cts ran hot turns over but won't start. There…

Customer Question
2010 cadillac cts ran...

2010 cadillac cts ran hot turns over but won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CTS yourself? What have you tried so far?

There good

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Someone told me it was the timing kit

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Cadillac
3/10/2018
Cadillac Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician replied 1 month ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

There is a chance this overheating issue caused the head gaskets and or heads to crack. I would do a compression test on at least half of the cylinders prior to doing any other tests. Can you do that and report back on the results?

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician