Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

Disabled key message, 2004 cts. I have reset this key two

Customer Question

Second opinion] disabled key message, 2004 ctsJA: Is the key stripped or worn?Customer: noJA: Are you fixing your CTS yourself? What have you tried so far?Customer: I have reset this key two previous times. need a permanent fixJA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?Customer: no
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

The first thing that needs to be done is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your model to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set then need diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here.This can be a fault with the key itself or the immobilizer that reads the key needing replaced.Having the codes read out will help to locate which is the cause.If you can get the codes checked in all computers in your model and post the code info here this will help just let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete