Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The check engine light is on and I did take it to a mechanic…

Customer Question
The check engine light...

The check engine light is on and I did take it to a mechanic already and he had said I need to replace a fuel injector I have it order and it’s not here yet and I need to go out of town. So my question is will it be ok to travel with the check engine light on or will it be a bigger problem later?

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

It stays on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?

2006 DTS

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your DTS yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I took it to a mechanic

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

He said I needed to replace the fuel injectors or clean them I decided to replace them and they have not came in yet. So I just want to know if would be ok to travel with the car as it is or do I need to find something else to drive for right now?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Cadillac
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/9/2018
Cadillac Mechanic: Mike V., Auto Service Technician replied 3 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question Thanks.The site will prompt a call.I will let you know if it's necessary

In spite of the light being on, how well is the car running?