Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Has quit running three times. One time on highway at fifty…

Customer Question
Has quit running three...

Has quit running three times. One time on highway at fifty miles an hour. Pulled over an it started about half hour later, drove about five miles and did it again, started again in a half halve hr and drove home. would not start a month ago when parked and would not start two days ago and had it towed to mechanic and next day .started right up for him and has not had any trouble starting it and driving it. 2005 cadilac deville.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

I suggested to him two replace battery and he said it cvhecvked out fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?

2005 deville

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your DeVille yourself? What have you tried so far?

No it bis at mechanic shop

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

In betreen proplems it has run great!

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Cadillac
3/9/2018
Cadillac Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician replied 3 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

There is an easy way to diagnose this but that has to be done during the time it will crank and not start after it stalls. We need to know if fuel pressure, ignition spark, or injector pulse is missing. Easier said than done for a tech compared to DIY. Diagnosing when it starts and runs fine will come up with no results. I feel like it is going to be the electronic throttle body, fuel pump, or the PCM in this case.

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris