Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2004 cad SRX. Won't start, battery says 12.5. and anti theft…

Customer Question
2004 cad SRX. Won't...

2004 cad SRX. Won't start , battery says 12.5. and anti theft light came on ? Can't take key out of ignition

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you tried to reset the computer?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your SRX yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just came out from store and everything is locked,

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's the dilemma .

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cadillac
3/6/2018
Cadillac Mechanic: Mike S., ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician

Hi, I am Mike, welcome. I'm reviewing your question.

Is this a floor or column shift?

Are you sure you are in park?

This is what I am reading, " If vehicle power is lost, and/or the transmission is not in the Park position the operator will not be able to turn the ignition key to the lock position and will not be able to remove the ignition key from the column."

Try this, Push the ignition lock cylinder control actuator release button which is on the underside of the ignition key cylinder.

Turn the key to the OFF position and remove the key. Were you able to turn the key to the OFF position and remove the key?

Let me know if you can remove the key then so I know what else to check.

Vehicle is definitely in park and key won't turn backwards.

Did you try pressing in on that button, on the underside of key cylinder?