Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2013 Cadillac srx back up camera stop showing on the

My 2013 Cadillac srx...

My 2013 Cadillac srx back up camera stop showing on the screen but looks normal for everything else, is there a button we may have pushed by accident to keep it from coming on when you put the car in reverse? it as always worked fine just stopped out of the blue,,,,

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this an aftermarket camera, or did it come with the vehicle?

Came with it

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your SRX yourself? What have you tried so far?

Only tryed google for answers, i haven't tried anything yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that i can think of

2/25/2018
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician

Hello! My name is Gary.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply shortly.

Does the screen go black when you select reverse?

If so, the most common cause is the camera.

I have replaced a few cameras in GM vehicles.

Gary

No it doesn’t go black , remains normal . I read in the manual something about it may show on navigation screen but everything on the screen looks normal just doesn’t change when in reverse

Ok, have you changed something in settings by accident?

If not, then I would say the car needs a vehicle wide scan for codes first.

It could be a partial lockup of the radio unit (infotainment).

Do you have a dealer nearby?

Gary

Hello again,

Do you need any further help?

I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.

Kind regards

Gary

im taking it to thje dealer , thanks for your help

I hope your dealer will sort it for you.

All the best to you.

Gary

Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician