Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I'm driving my 2007 Escalade on the interstate travelling 35…

I'm driving my 2007...

I'm driving my 2007 Escalade on the interstate travelling 35 miles. I get off the interstate and it stalls out. Fuel pump and battery are both brand new.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?

The check engine light comes on only when it stalls. It stalls when driving.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escalade yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, the only thing my mechanics have told me is battery and fuel pump but that hasn't worked.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, everyone is baffled by this problem

2/18/2018
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, ASE Certified Technician

Good afternoon, I hope you are doing great. My name is***** would be happy to help you get this figured out.

Have you hooked up a scan tool yet and checked to see what trouble code it sets when it stalls?

Last time at the mechanic they said no codes popped up

If the check engine light comes on when it dies then usually that means it saves a code in the history, but not always.

There is one common problem on these engines that can cause this issue without setting a code, and that is a faulty throttle body assembly. The electronics in it fail and then cause it to set all sorts of issues. If you have a multimeter we can do a resistance test on the throttle body assembly

I unfortunately do not

Okay, without the right tools to do the testing there is not too far we can go into diagnosis. But based off what you have told me has already been replaced that leads me to lean towards it being a throttle issue and not a fuel issue

Ok, I will have them check that

Okay great. I will keep this chat open, so if you have any questions when you get it to them you can get back in contact with me :)

Awesome. Thanks

You are welcome! Enjoy the rest of your day

Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, ASE Certified Technician