Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I can only get static on the 06 SRX. Replaced radio unit…

Customer Question
I can only get...

I can only get static on the 06 SRX

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your SRX yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. replaced radio unit $80.00 for unlock. same as old one

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

What is the unit in the right rear corner called?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cadillac
1/25/2018
Cadillac Mechanic: Gm Tech (Cam), Cadillac Mechanic replied 4 months ago
Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), Cadillac Mechanic

Hello there, I am Cam.

I am Licensed technician at a GM dealership with more than 16 years experience. 
Like you, I am a user of this website and as such, any billing questions should be sent to customer service.

I ask that you please provide details and communicate with me so we can make your experience here worth 5 stars! I am around most days but not every minute of every day. If you reply while I am offline, I will respond when I am next online.

The unit in the right rear, is it beside the window?

This vehicle has a radio antenna module on either side and if that unit has failed. You would get static. Tell me, do you get AM or FM or are both out?