Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2009 cts awd shudders when turn sharp corners. Nothing so…

2009 cts awd shudders...

2009 cts awd shudders when turn sharp corners

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CTS yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing so far not gonna try to fix on my own just bought the car

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It has 118,000 miles on it. Lots of people seem to have this issue.

Answered in 1 hour by:
1/23/2018
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, ASE Certified Technician

Good evening, I hope you are doing great. My name is***** am a Cadillac master technician, and I would be happy to assist you with this today.

As you have discovered, what you are experiencing is a common concern on these models. It is not something to be very concerned about, as it will not affect much. The gears bind up a bit under a load and that is when it will shudder/chatter. If it is something that annoys you then something we have found to work well is to flush/fill the transfer case with new fluid, as well as adding some friction additive in with it.

Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, ASE Certified Technician
Ok How many miles should I be able to drive until it will need to be changed? Should this go to dealership?