Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

P0174 p0300 cel on 2008 cadillac sts. Blink. Changed plugs…

P0174 p0300 cel on...

P0174 p0300 cel on 2008 cadillac sts

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Blink

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your STS yourself? What have you tried so far?

Changed plugs but noticed oil on plugs

1/22/2018
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician

Hello my name is***** you for the question. Can you tell me how the vehicle runs besides the check engine light being on? How many miles are on it? What size engine do you have?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
cel flashes on wide open throttle. v8 n*

When it flashes do you feel a misfire? Is wide open throttle the only time this occurs?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
misfire is present during idle as well

Thank you. The issue you are having is for a lean condition. This is what is causing the misfire and the check engine light. When this occurs it is because there is either too much air entering the engine or there is not enough fuel. Being that this is just for the right side of the engine I would start by looking to see if there are any bad vacuum hoses. If all of the hoses are fine then I would suspect a clogged injector or low fuel pressure. I would have the injectors professionally cleaned and I would also check the fuel pressure to make sure that it is not a fuel pump that is failing. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you nee further help.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
i will let you fuel pressure readings tomorrow. i did replace a faulty brake booster hose as well.
what are the psi im looking for?

The pressure should be between 55-62 psi.

FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
fuel pressure is at 58 psi
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
i will get injectors cleaned at pep boys or ntb
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician