Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I just put power steering fluid in and it is still making a…

Customer Question
I just put power...

I just put power steering fluid in and it is still making a grinding noise. Also it keeps telling me to check the coolant

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?

Yes I can hardly turn the weel. And i just checked it and filled it up like 20 minutes ago but it is still doing it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?

2004 cadillac SeVille 4dr Sen w/livery pkg

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Seville yourself? What have you tried so far?

Honestly I just bought it and I just put the fluid in

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The brake light is on and check coolant

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Cadillac
1/19/2018
Cadillac Mechanic: Dan, ASE Master Technician replied 6 months ago
Dan, ASE Master Technician

Hello my name is***** am a Master Technician and I am glad to help you. I am reviewing your question now, and will reply shortly.

The power steering hose could be leaking. This will cause the power steering fluid to become full of air bubbles. The pump will make noise if there is any air in the fluid. You need to check for leaks in the power steering lines and rack. If no leaks are found then you need to replace the pump.

The low coolant light could be the coolant sensor. Debris in the coolant take can cause the float to stick. The sensor could also be faulty or the coolant could in fact just be low.

The brake light is caused by the brake fluid level or the parking brake switch. Check that your brake fluid is at the proper level. The brake fluid level sensor could also be at fault.

I hope this information is helpful.