Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2009 escalade hybrid. Just checked at Advanced Auto…

I have a 2009...

I have a 2009 escalade hybrid. Just checked at Advanced Auto Parts on their diagnostic: The oil pressure sensor is bad. But my mechanic doesn't know where it is on the car to change it. I would rather use him, as he is much less expensive than the dealership.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is your oil pump? Has the check engine light come on?

Check engine light is on. Plus, I get intermittent warnings about low oil pressure. Had oil changed today - so the oil is fine. But the check showed a faulty oil pressure sensor.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escalade Hybrid yourself? What have you tried so far?

Took it to my preferred garage. They don't know where the sensor is. If they find out, they will fix. Thus my question.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, that is about it.

1/18/2018
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Your oil pressure sending unit mounts to the top back side of the engine block under the intake manifold and in order to change it out your mechanic is going to need to remove the intake manifold. I have enclosed the steps to do both in the link below.

See the oil pressure sending unit location and steps in this link.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o6k4zca9vwywmyq/Oip%20P%20Jan%2018.pdf?dl=0

See the intake in this link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z5bqskobrktmw25/Intake%20Jan%2018.pdf?dl=0

I am reading it over. Just a moment.

Sure thing, Im here if needed.

I can show this to my mechanic and he will understand? Looks dreadful, but to a mechanic, I suppose it makes a lot of sense. We were thinking that it might be the filter around the sensor. I am guessing that it shows up in all those pictures and diagrams as well?

The common cause is usually a failing oil pressure sensor and that would be the correct repair in most cases. Just so you know the labor to remove and replace it calls for 3.6 hours and that includes the intake manifold.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Thank you. It really helps. I don't have anything else at this time.
Ron, ASE Certified Technician