Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

I have a 2013 Escalade. I had it off road Sunday - easy

I have a 2013...

I have a 2013 Escalade. I had it off road Sunday - easy gravel roads, and now it is sitting on its suspension much higher than normal

Mechanic's Assistant: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?

Ride is fine, no fluid. Is this air suspension similar to a Range Rover?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escalade yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, I do not work on it myself. All I have done is try to find something in the manual, to no avail

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that is it

Answered in 1 hour by:
1/16/2018
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician

Hello my name is***** you tell me if there are any warning lights on?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There are no warning lights. All seems good with the ride and performance. It’s just sitting very high with fully exposed wheel wells both front and rear. It does not go down after shutting the car off
I have a Range Rover with similar suspension, but here is a control that you can manually adjust height. There does not seem to be anything like this that I can find in the manual
Please advise further
Thanks

Thank you. One last question. Is it high all of the way around or does one area seem higher than another?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is equally high all the way around. Quite level. I have been driving it today, and it also seems to be riding very stiff. I assume that is the suspension adjusting to what would be an off road height
Please advise further
Thanks

Thank you. Your vehicle does not have a ride height adjustment that it is supposed to go off of from the factory. It can adjust the height based on certain sensors but it should never stay high. It sounds like one of the height sensors have failed or become disconnected. If you are planning on fixing it yourself you may want to check these. They are connected to the front and rear suspension and move up and down with the suspension. If they are intact then you may have a failure in the sensor or possibly the computer is having programming issues.

FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician