Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Is not turning at all, key wireless don't work, it looks…

Is not turning at...

Is not turning at all, key wireless don't work, it looks llke battery is dead but after jumping wires the alarm horn started like crazy. what do i do yesterday everything was normal.

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

No, but i change on my other chevys

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?

2010 srx 3.6

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your SRX yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, the system is all down, i will check the voltage with my volt meter

Battery is reading 3.2 volts. how do i use correctly the jumping wires from my chevy truck to the cadillac
1/16/2018
Pete, Cadillac Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

YOu want to connect the positive lead to the positive post at the battery and the negative lead to a good metal source near the battery.The alarm will usually go off and you need to use the key or remote to lock and unlock the doors to turn off the alarm or try inserting the key into the ignition and turning it on to turn off the alarm to start it.If this was already tried let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Ok the battery is charging now up to 13 volts, I went inside and trying to turning on the car but the screen is telling me remote no detected, I change the keyless entry battery and still the same message, what do I do now, please need help, thanks.

If this is a push button start put your key in the key pocket in the center console storage area with the buttons facing up.Then try and start it as this can relearn the key.If this is not a push button start let me know.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Pete, Cadillac Technician
I did it and still showing me no remotes detected.

Did you try locking and unlocking the vehicle with the key or remote then see if it starts then at all?