Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2004 escalade esv has no heat all of a sudden. Car

Customer Question
2004 escalade esv has...

2004 escalade esv has no heat all of a sudden. Car temperature goes up like normal but no heat in either the front heat or the rear heat

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?

Didn't checik the coolant level, but car temperature seems to be nornal. Wife took the car on a 100 mile trip today with no problems except no heat. Is it likely to be electrical or bad chip?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escalade ESV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just disconnected the battery and reconnected, because I think its the chip or could it be blown fuse? Nothing showing on dash alerts, which are pretty informative on this $70,000 car. I have owned since new. Once in a while, like 3 times total, spread over the last 10 years, one side of the front will blow cold and one hot in the summer, but normalized when car was restarted

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, but i would bet electrical or bad valve that let's antifreeze into the reservoir, unless low coolant might be the culprit, but no alert on the dash

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cadillac
1/15/2018
Cadillac Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Engine running at operating temp, heat on full, blower on high. Guesstimate the upper radiator hose temp and the heater core hose temps at the firewall? In order, those should be around 190, 180, 170

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris