Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Asking from Sweden. My 2003 Escalade ESV says unknown

Hi, asking from Sweden. My...
Hi, asking from Sweden. My 2003 Escalade ESV says unknown driver. Neither key works. Starts but shuts back off immediately. Remote fob not working either. My battery was dead but is now loaded.
The SECURITY telltale turns on when I turn ON the ignition but turns off after a few seconds before I try to start. After trying to start the SECURITY telltale does not turn ON again.
1/14/2018
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

This sound like Anti theft triggered on, the light should go out after inserting the key and turning to on or start position ?

Do you have capable GM Scanner Tech II or equivalent to read the module faults l?

after battery died and charge it , did you reset it ?

lets start here and we go from there

If you do not mind me asking are you looking for the most possible causes and taking it to a repair shop or you are repairing it yourself and you need step by step instructions
Please Let Me Know
Thank You
Chad Farhat

Hi Chad
The light stays on for 1 minut or so.
I don't have a GM Scanner
What do you mean with battery reset?
I will try to repair it myself if possible. If I don't manage to repair it myself I will contact a repair shop 3 miles from home. They have a GM Scanner Tech II.
Thank you - Stig

Hi Stig

Ok I got you , lets Try this below( make sure battery has 12 volts and holding and all the locks should be functioning,

open and closed hood and doors and lift gate several times in case on of the security switches in the latches is stuck open

then reset

Master Reset

1-Disconnect Both Battery Cables ,Positive & Negative .
2- Touch Cables With Each Other For 60 Secs ( this will take any residual power in the Harness to Reset the Vehicle Modules )
3- Wait 30 min
4- Close all doors and trunk
5- Reconnect Battery Positive First
6- Use The Key in The Driver Side Door
Lock Cylinder to Lock it & Unlock,IF You have only a Key Fob ,use it to lock and unlock
7- Enter vehicle and Start it .

if that does not work, get me some fault codes and i can help you further on it

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

Chad Farhat
Hi Chad
Thank you very much for your help and reply. I will follow your recommendations and then make a Master reset.
However I will not be able to do that until tomorrow. Will come back to you tomorrow asap.

That sounds good,I will try to help you with it ,click on link to view Anti theft system description

just come back here anytime you want and we continue

Thank you for the Rating :)
If you need my assistance in the future, Start your Question with (FOR CHAD FARHAT ONLY) or Go to my profile page
You can also add me as Favorite expert for any future questions
http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-chadfarhat/?rpt=3800

Thank you Chad for your information. It's getting dark here now so I will continue tomorrow. My car stays outside the house.
Will come back to you to morrow.
Best regards ***** *****

BRRR, good night Sig, we talk to you tomorrow

I like to visit Sweden one day

Hi again Chad
I followed your instructions and it worked. DRIVER 1 came up and the car started as normal.
Thank you very much for your help.
I will drive to my friend at his repair shop and ask him to check for any error code. He is an GM specialist and have all tools you need. Then I will come back to you again.Best regards ***** *****

Awesome news man, i m glad

when get faults scanned let me know if i can help further

Thanks you

Good Reviews and Bonuses are welcome :)

Have a great day Sig

Hi Chad
I have just been to the repair shop. They checked everything with there GM Scanner Tech II. No error codes were found only an info that the battery had been flat.
Thank you very much ones again for your help. So we can end this conversation now. If I got other problems I will come back to you. And you are most welcome to Sweden.All the best - Stig

Awesome Sig, yes at this time ,we can say ,battery when flat ,caused alarm to trigger and now its okay

thanks again we talk to you later