Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

06 Cadillac DTS When driving at night the lights go out you…

06 Cadillac DTS When driving...
06 Cadillac DTS When driving at night the lights go out you have to turn the light switch off and on lunch for them to come back on the long going to drive the car the more often the lights, goes out and you have to turn the switch to turn the lights back on
1/13/2018
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** is caused by bad contacts in the head light switch and is common, it can be dangerous too, you will need to replace the head light switch, are you planning on fixing this your self?

will fix myself

would you like the procedure for replacing the switch?

Does it cost me to get procedure ?

no, it wont cost extra to get the procedure. just the original question price,Tim

I would love that. Thank u

to replace the head light switch, the panel that it is in, has to come out, below is the procedure for removing it, on the left outer side of the dash, there is an air vent, this vent pulls out, then you reach into the hole and push in and out on the headlight switch panel to get it out, then it just unbolts from the panel,Tim

Thank u

Anytime my friend, please dont forget to rate me, so I can get credit for helping,Thanks,Tim

Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH