Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

Just picked up a 2008 srx and when putting in a cd into the…

Just picked up a...

Just picked up a 2008 srx and when putting in a cd into the 6 disc changer it say there is a disc error. Stoe bought cd's. Have tried several with same results.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?

104000 miles. No reader.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your SRX yourself? What have you tried so far?

Dont know what to do. Like i said. Just picked it up.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Tried loading a disc with the unit off. It accepted it. As soon as i turned it on it said disc error and ejected the disc.

1/13/2018
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

To know for sure ,we will need a GM Tech II scanner to read audio/ cd unit

But since you mentioned no reader , Most likely the cd unit is defective and need replacement

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That's just dandy. You know approx what something like that costs? Does a dealer sell reconditioned units?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'll just go to the dealer. Thanks.

Dealer also have rebuild, off course dealer be best and warranty ,around $600 on dealer

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

Chad Farhat
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, that's not it.

there is several ,do you have navigation or not etc

What you can do is sent yours out for rebuild or get one from dealer

now days you can mail them out to companies and they rebuild them 2 day turn around

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks for the info. I'll check with the dealer. Like I said, I just got home from picking this up.

nice cars, just replace and enjoy it , they are common on failing

Thank you for the Rating :)
If you need my assistance in the future, Start your Question with (FOR CHAD FARHAT ONLY) or Go to my profile page
You can also add me as Favorite expert for any future questions
http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-chadfarhat/?rpt=3800

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay. Will remember
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat