Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

Screen is black. 2014 srx. Tried the opening door turning…

Screen is black Mechanic's...

Screen is black

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?

2014 srx

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your SRX yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried the opening door turning off engine starting engine

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

I think the headlights are working, I think the battery is fully charged

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If it is the HMI module what is the part number and if that is what is needed does it need to be programmed
1/9/2018
Pete, Cadillac Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing that needs to be done here is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a fully compatible scan tool that can read all computers in your model.Once this is done there should be at least one code set that will need to be diagnosed to then help locate and repair this fault here.

This may be the HMI module at fault but the codes need to be checked first to see if there are codes set for anything else that may be an issue or for the HMI itself needing to be replaced.I would also check and make sure all fuses are good in all fuse panels.If all fuses are good if you can get the codes checked post the code info here for me to see and help with.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
if it is the HMI module what is the part number for that

I did do some more research into this as I recalled a bulletin and yes the bulletin does apply to your model.The issues were blank screen among other possible issues and in this case, it is blank screen.The bulletin is for a dealer to update the HMI software.The bulletin number is # PI1126D.A dealer has to check and perform this update to resolve this issue here.

It looks to be the part number is###-##-####You will want to confirm this with a dealers parts department per your vehicles VIN which they will not charge to look this up for you to tell you for sure if this is the newest latest number you need if it comes down to needing to replace it.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Pete, Cadillac Technician
Pete, Cadillac Technician