Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

My CTS 2009 heater switch stop working on the driver side.

My CTS 2009...

My CTS 2009 heater switch stop working on the driver side. the temperature gage won't go pass 68 degrees how do I replace the switch? the dealer said they would charge around $900 to fix where as someone else said all I have to do is buy the switch and replace it. is that a go or no go ? and if so how do I do it ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

Everything is fine . the heat comes out of the rest of the car except the section in the drivers side. it's the wife car . please help me.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CTS yourself? What have you tried so far?

I would like to . I've fix a lot of other things on other vehicle. want to know if thats something I could do myself ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No just that

1/8/2018
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, ASE Certified Technician

Good afternoon, I hope you are doing great. My name is***** am a Cadillac master technician and I would be happy to answer this for you.

You absolutely can replace just the switch on these, watch out because the dealer will probably try to sell you the whole console, but the switch is available by itself. The replacement process is quite easy, and requires removing the front console trim and you can access the switch from behind. All together they take about 30min to replace :)

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How do I remove the front console trim and where do I purchase a switch. I've tried (you tube
and e-bay.)

Alright I've spent the last few minutes trying to locate the control switch online and there is nowhere that has it listed, but I do know we replaced multiple of these when I was at the dealership. It may be smart to call, or go to the local dealers's part department and they will be able to pull open a parts breakdown and you will be able to get the exact part number. If we wait til the morning I can run your VIN # and try to locate it through a GM parts website

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok, sorry for the long break, hopefully next time phone call. VIN 1G6DF577590156325

Not a problem :) I will run the info and get back to you as soon as I locate some information/part numbers

Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, ASE Certified Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Cool
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The dealership said that wasn't a part number " 18350244-167 "
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The dealership said that wasn't a part number " 18350244-167 " also if I take my car to the dealership and point to the piece that's messed up can they order that part by looking at it ?
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, ASE Certified Technician