Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

I DONT HAVE A CHEVY I HAVE A 2009 CADILLAC CTS THE MESSAGE…

I DONT HAVE A...

I DONT HAVE A CHEVY I HAVE A 2009 CADILLAC CTS THE MESSAGE CENTER SAYS SERVICE THE TIRE MONITOR SYSTEM IT COME ON GO OFF BUT HAVE BEEN ON FOR 5 DAYS NOW

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past?

THE TIRES BOUGHT IN 2014 NEVER HAD A PROBLEM

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CTS yourself? What have you tried so far?

THE MECHANIC CAME OVER BEFORE THE HOLIDAY BUT I HAVE NOT HEARD FROM HIM IM TRYING TO GET INFO SO I KNOW IF I CAN FIND A GOOD SHOP BUT I DO HAVE A PROBLEM WHERE THE DRIVER DOOR DO NOT WORK BY REMOTE

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I HAVE NOT HAD FUSES CHECKED SO MAYBE THAT COULD BE A PROBLEM

1/4/2018
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

can you go thru your display and check tire pressure at all 4 wheels?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no could the instructions be fax to me i wont be doing the work my son will and that wont be until Saturday i had one occasion where the right tire pressure pop up but after that cannot view anymore my fax number is(###) ###-####

we dont fax sorry

this message means one of the tire pressure sensors in one of the wheels has failed...a tire machine is need to change

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
can you email the instructions

Cadillac CTS (2008 - 2012) TPMS Reset Procedure

GM-8

With standard ignition:
1. Turn the ignition to the ON position (engine off)
2. Using keyless entry system: press and hold lock and unlock button simultaneously until horn sound and release INFO button until TIRE LEARN message is indicated on display. Hold down SET/RESET button until horn sounds. LF turn signal is illuminated to indicate learn mode enabled.
3. Starting with LF tire, increase/decrease the pressure until horn sounds.
4. After horn sounds, proceed as in step 3 for the next 3 sensors in the following order, RF RR LR.
5. After LR sensor has been learned, turn ignition to OFF position. Adjust all tires to pressure listed on tire placard.

With Push-Button start:
1. Press and hold the push start button until the vehicle is in accessory mode. Note: on Cadillac models you will know you are in accessory mode when the Cadillac emblem appears on the DIC.
2. Press the MENU button located on the turn signal lever until “VEHICLE INFORMATION MENU” is displayed.
3. Once you are in the VEHICLE INFORMATION MENU, use the arrows on the signal lever until the DIC displays the vehicle’s tire inflation pressures and positions.
4. Press and hold the button located on the end of the turn signal lever until “ Are you sure that you want to relearn? YES or NO” is displayed.
5. Use the arrows on the signal lever to highlight YES. Once YES is highlighted, press the button located on the end of the turn signal lever. The horn will chirp, “Tire Learning Active” will be displayed on the DIC, and the left turn signal will be illuminated.
6. Beginning with the left front tire, use a TPMS activation tool to activate the LF sensor. Once the sensor has been activated, the horn will chirp and the right turn signal will be illuminated.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
is this the instructions

yes to reset the system yes if one sensor does not respond then a tire shop would have to dismount the tire to replace the sensor

john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
how to tell if the oxygen sensor is bad or any other sensors under the hood this is for eauto the man i just spoke to
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
im not really computer savy that is why im so slow

check engine light would come on if the sensor failed

john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy