Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2003 sta no lights in shifter and heater controls. The

Customer Question
2003 sta no lights...

2003 sta no lights in shifter and heater controls

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The heater switches and gear indicator light

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '03 Cadillac?

STS

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your STS yourself? What have you tried so far?

Banging on it and was wondering if they are controlled by fuses

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cadillac
12/31/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Dan, ASE Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Dan, ASE Master Technician

Hello my name is***** am a Master Technician and I am glad to help you. I am reviewing your question now, and will reply shortly.

There are individual bulbs that are probably burned out. You can replace the bulbs but it may involve soldering them to the circuit board. You can get the micro bulbs online. Here is a link so you know what I mean. http://amzn.to/2CuxeR4

You will have to remove the heater controls and take the assembly apart, find the bulbs that are not working and replace them.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving me nothing less than a 5 star rating would be appreciated very much. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out

Dan, ASE Master Technician