Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Reduced engine power stability track control off

Customer Question
reduced engine power stability track control off
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Cadillac
it comes on if i just start truck normally then have to reset truck and it will drive for a short while then happens again
12/30/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: ggrote1, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
ggrote1
ggrote1, ASE Certified Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

have you had the codes read yet in the computer ?

no how do i?

with a code reader or have a local autozone or pepboys or firestone check the codes for you..they will do it for free

99 % of these end up being throttle body codes set which it ends up being the connector at the throttle body bad or the throttle body itself bad

its usually best to replace the throttle body connector and if the problem comes back you will need to replace the throttle body itself to fix this issue

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer
The only dtc codes that came up was p1258. I've been able to drive the vehicle for 3 days without issue it's really weird

only worry about it if it happens to act up again

if it does then there will be a throttle body or connector issue

But I still have to reset the truck when I first start it or it has no power and feels like it's stuck in like 3rd gear but no codes or warnings now
Also makes loud clink when I put into gear if I don't reset truck and just start it

then the issue is the throttle body or sometimes a bad ignition switch

have a shop test both for you next

I think when he ran the codes he did say something about a ignition switch or ignition sensor but it wasn't a doc code
Dtc*The ignition switch can cause those issues? Where would I find the ignition switch?

it is located top of the steering column plugged into the bottom of the ignition lock cyclinder

ggrote1
ggrote1
ggrote1, ASE Certified Technician