Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The blower motor worked intermittently. It didn't turn on…

Customer Question
The blower motor worked...

The blower motor worked intermittently. It didn't turn on for 3 months until few days ago. I wiggled the wire at the connector and it came on again. I disconnectected the connector and it was melted a little bit.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

2003 Seville SLS. 160,000 MILES. Automatic

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Seville yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Just what I've told you above. When i wiggled the ground wire is when it tirned on. But it's melted at the other end. Not sure what wire that is.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The power outlet to plug in charger and passenger seat heater has recently quit as well.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Cadillac
12/30/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: tim's auto repair, mechanic replied 3 months ago
tim's auto repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you.

where is is melted?

is it the plug to the resister?

or from the resister to the motor itself?

It plugs directly to the motor on the side of it. It has 3 wires.

ok..you may need to replace that harness,,

the problem is that the fan blower itself may be bad and pulling way too many amps,,causing the harness[wires] to overheat

Can that be checked with ohm meter?

well,,not really sense you do have it working now,,we know that it is getting a connection at the moment

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there. please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER ,Chrome or Firefox.]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gxde2upyuzjal51/1230-sevill-HVAC%20System%20Sub.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/gxde2upyuzjal51/1230-sevill-HVAC%20System%20Sub.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help

tim's auto repair
tim's auto repair
tim's auto repair, mechanic