Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

A lot if things.... My gas gage says E but there is gas in…

Customer Question
A lot if things......

A lot if things.... My gas gage says E but there is gas in it. Akso the shifter lights are not working

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Park reverse drive lightson the shifter

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?

2003 cts

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CTS yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried fuses but thats it so far

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Well i am at work on my lunch break right now... I will be off work in about 3 hrs. I can be cintacted then... Also the fuel gage says E and there is gas in it but all rhe other gages work

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cadillac
12/28/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Pete, Cadillac Technician replied 7 months ago
Pete, Cadillac Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The issue with the fuel gauge is a common fault on this model.The fuel level sender in the fuel tank itself fails internally and causes this issue here with it needing to be replaced.I have seen this fail several times in the past before needing to replace it.

The fault with the shift indicator lights not working, is the transmission operating and shifting properly?

Is it the lights that display the entire shift positions as well as back lighting?

Let me know, thanks, Pete.

all ights in the shifter... Indicator and back lights are out

O.k., since the back lights and indicator are out this indicates the fault is with the shift indicator module itself.This is the entire indicator assembly.

You want to remove it and unplug it and test the yellow wire for around 12 volts DC/power and the black wire and black/white wire for ground.If you have these signals then the shift indicator module needs to be replaced.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ifl80h7po6l3naf/sh-12-28.png?dl=0

1. Pry the rear of the shifter trim plate (1) up with a blunt tool to release the trim from the console.
2. Pull upward on the trim plate (1).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gbzvdsu6nybrgup/shi-12-28.png?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete