Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

Changed battery in key fob for 2006 caddy DTS, now key fob…

Customer Question
Changed battery in key...

Changed battery in key fob for 2006 caddy DTS , now key fob won't work ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you changed a battery before?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your DTS yourself? What have you tried so far?

Reprogram instruction for 2002 - 2006 G.M.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Cadillac
12/28/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Pete, Cadillac Technician replied 1 month ago
Pete, Cadillac Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Your transmitter may be disabled.Do this and see if it then works and let me know:

Press and release each and every button on the fob one at a time until you find one that works then retest the other buttons. If all buttons are now working, the button(s) were disabled and the transmitter is working as designed.

If this does not work come back here to this post and let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Cadillac Technician