Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2008 cadillac escalade keeps dying if it isn't started…

Customer Question
My 2008 cadillac escalade...

My 2008 cadillac escalade keeps dying if it isn't started every 8 or so hours, except when it's cold, then it's every 3-4 hours. battery has been replaced, so we know it's not that

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Something keeps draining

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escalade yourself? What have you tried so far?

We brought it into local Cadillac dealership and they couldn't figure it out. Now we are trying to figure it out

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It has a rebuilt engine that was having trouble and the cadillac dealer found that the ground wire wasn't on properly. Since that was resolved it runs perfectly, just that we have some kind of battery drain

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Cadillac
12/28/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Christopher Jirak,
 replied 6 months ago
Christopher Jirak

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. I would like to know if the concern only happened after the engine replacement, but If the battery test good. I would verify the charging system is working. I would then proceed to a parasitic drain test on the battery. do this by 1) disconnect the battery negative cable install a jumper wire battery to battery negative post. 2)start the car so all modules power up. 3. shut car off install a Amp meter in parallel along side the jumper wire. 4) remove the jumper wire and allow 30mins for the car to de power. If the meter is reading higher than .5amps then a drain is present. you will then need to access the fuse panel and start removing fuses one by one and checking the amp draw. once it drops below.5 you have narrowed down which circuit is causing the draw. from there you will need to find out what all is in the circuit. re start the process and start un plugging circuit components one by one to isolate faulted component or circuit. feel free to message w/any further questions Thank you.