Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

THE FIFTH TIME TO GET IN TOUCH AND THE LAST... MY 2008 CAD,

Customer Question
THE FIFTH TIME TO...

THE FIFTH TIME TO GET IN TOUCH AND THE LAST...

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?

MY 2008 CAD, DTS, informed me that the Tank/Vapor Pressure sensor is Kaput...I purchased a new one..SU1390...NEED ur hel[ in How to replace same ..Do I need to remove the Fuel Tank, or is there an easier way

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you certain it's the fuel pressure sensor that's in need of attention? What about the fuel rail? Have you checked it yet?

Yes the the cod econfirmed same Dutch

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your DTS yourself? What have you tried so far?

I can fix iit myself...I have the tools

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No Please use my e-mail if we get cutoff again. **************** or call me at *************

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Cadillac
12/28/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 1 month ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you, Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you.

you do not have to remove the tank to replace the fuel tank pressure sensor

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
David I payed the 33.00. via Paypal..but it asked for anditional money....what is up with that
Hekp..How do I get this unit on to the gas tank..dutch.

I have nothing to do with the money part of this so please dont ask. read the instructions on the attachment I sent please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No lets continue with this format

just ignore the pop ups

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You say I dont have to remove the tank; can I reach it by removing the back seat ?

yes, please read the attachment that I sent

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, lets continue with this format
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
David please continue.....How do I fix this ...dutch
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is any body there..What happend to David...I will cancel this transaction if you fail to respond
Cadillac Mechanic: Joe, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Joe
Joe, ASE Certified Technician

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to help you with your concern today.

The previous expert I see you opted out which means they can no longer reply, but I will be happy to pick up where they left off.

The previous expert sent you a pdf I am going to post that link again so that if you missed it you can access it easier: Please click here

In the floor you will find a cover, remove the bolts/screws which will allow you to remove the cover over the sender, you can then remove and replace the pressure sensor.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Thanks for using justanswer / pearl.com and have a great day!

I have sent you the procedure as an attachment

you can remove an access panel under the rear liner

Do you need any more help with the procedure, sir?

David Craig
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic