Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My battery is dead (2012 Caddy SRX). I need to push it into…

Customer Question
My battery is dead...

My battery is dead (2012 Caddy SRX). I need to push it into the garage but can"t get tk

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

The gear shift into neutral.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

No voltmeter. Have never changed one .

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Cadillac SRX 2012

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No....just how can I push it into the garage or How do I get the can in neutral.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cadillac
12/25/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: ggrote1, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
ggrote1
ggrote1, ASE Certified Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

on the drivers side top of the transmission as seen here in the picture is the shift cable on top of the transmission

you pop off the cable off the metal lever at the transmission then by hand move the lever by hand 2 click will be neutral

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer