Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2002 cadillac seville, car is locked, key pad dead so I

Customer Question
2002 cadillac seville,...

2002 cadillac seville, car is locked, key pad dead so I guess the battery is dead. Key is stuck in the ignition

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

The car is locked, battery is under back seat. Cannot get into the car

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Seville yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yesterday the key was stuck in the ignition and I could not get it out. Afraid someone might steal it in the night so I locked it with the keypad. This morning the keypad does not work so I assume the battery is dead

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No spare key

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Cadillac
12/25/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Greg, Technician replied 6 months ago
Greg
Greg, Technician
Hi my name is ***** ***** I’m reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Rgds Greg
All you need to do is find a way to get under the car and connect up a
Starter motor or alternator line so current is in the lines for you to open the door with the key pads .
If this is not possible you will have to call out a locksmith to open the door with his tools . Most cases the top corner of the door will be prayed slightly open so he can reach inside with a special rod tool to open the door .
Need further advice with this issue then please get back to me.
Even after accepting you can get back to me anytime without any extra cost.
Rgds Greg