Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

My son is on his way to the cape and called me and told me…

Customer Question
My son is on...

My son is on his way to the cape and called me and told me the service stabilitrak light with the abs light are both on. Is it safe to keep going

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?

Just abs and stabilitrak

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?

2012 srx

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your SRX yourself? What have you tried so far?

Haven’t tried anything, it literally just happened 30 mins ago

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just want to know if it’s safe for him to keep driving

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Cadillac
12/24/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: ggrote1, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
ggrote1
ggrote1, ASE Certified Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

if the car will get up to speed yes its fine to drive..the odds are there is an ABS sensor giving a bad signal causing the codes

but yes it is very safe to drive to get home then get it into a shop when you can to have them diagnose the codes

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

how are you making out ?

ggrote1
ggrote1
ggrote1, ASE Certified Technician