Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2008 SRX the key repeatedly sticks in the ignition and I…

Customer Question
2008 SRX the key...

2008 SRX the key repeatedly sticks in the ignition and I have to use the release under the column to get it out. It first happened when the battery was drained. AAA replaced the battery yesterday. Overnight the battery drained and won't start and the key keeps getting stuck in the ignition. I used a battery jump pack to try to start it, but nothing happened. What are my options?

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Key is fine and yes I can turn the wheel.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your SRX yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying to figure out wha the problem is first. I'm away from home on Christmas vacation with a car that won't start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It has a brand new battery and I attempted to jump it but nothing happened.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Cadillac
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/25/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician replied 6 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Do you have a volt meter so we can do some testing?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris