Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

Has power but wont start did this before i moved relays

Customer Question
Has power but wont...

Has power but wont start did this before i moved relays around and it started then yesterday i had to disconnect battery then it started but none of that is working now

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

128000 yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?

05 escalade

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escalade yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

New relays this morning

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Cadillac
12/24/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Amedee, Cadillac Technician replied 2 months ago
Amedee
Amedee, Cadillac Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Do you still need help sir?

Have you checked for codes in the computer?

Are you looking for some possible causes?

Would you be willing to speak on the phone?

no codes. security system?
hello

Sorry for the delay!

If the issue is related to the security system, it would flag security related codes in the computer

what next

To actually check for codes. :)

i already did that no code came up

What type of scanner are you using?

Can you send me a picture of it plugged into the vehicle showing no codes so I can see?

i am relearning key to truck now need 10 min

ok

relearn procedure worked

Glad to hear it bud.

Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician