Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Cadillac CTS: 2008 Cadillac CTS, battery died had to be

Customer Question
replaced, 2008 Cadillac CTS, battery died...
Cadillac CTS: 2008 Cadillac CTS, battery died had to be replaced,
2008 Cadillac CTS, battery died, had to be replaced with new battery, now dash lights blink and gauges don't work when the car is started. Car starts and runs. Is there a reset method or how do I fix?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cadillac
12/22/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: KALAMYKID, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 7 months ago
KALAMYKID
KALAMYKID, Shop Owner/ Tech

You have to rest the intrusion alarm. To do this shut the engine off and close all the doors, hood and trunk. Lock the doors with the key. Let the car sit for 15 minutes. Then unlock the drivers door with the key. This should set everything right gain for you.

I will try this tomorrow and see if it fix the gauges

Let me know if that does not work. If it does not, then we can do a couple more things to reset the system.

I can not get the key to lock the drivers door

Will the key work to unlock the door?