Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

I have a 170k deville and it seems to be missing. Feels like…

Customer Question
I have a 170k...

I have a 170k deville and it seems to be missing. Feels like a stop & go situation

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your DeVille?

2000

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your DeVille yourself? What have you tried so far?

No Ive tried to clean out the engine by tromping on the accelerator now and thenm, but the hesitation comes back.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

170k, automatic

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It burns a qt of oil every 500 miles

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Cadillac
12/22/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 1 month ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you, Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you.

is the check engine light on? or does it come on while driving?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
catylist needs replacement

a bad catalytic converter will cause these symptoms

hows it going?

do you still need help?

Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician