Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

We just picked up a cheap 2005 Cadillac SRX knowing it has…

Customer Question
We just picked up...

We just picked up a cheap 2005 Cadillac SRX knowing it has issues. The worst is the rear suspension... The rear wheels are angled out on the bottoms visibly. When you hit a small bump in the road it gets to bouncing, feels more on right side. If you accelerate hard from slow to fast, there is a knocking thumping sound. Just looking at where a person should start, or if we should part out.

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

We just bought today. We were told the knocking sound on acceleration started about a year ago, but didn't do it very often. Now you can make it do it by sticking your foot in it pretty hard. The angled rear wheels, I am not sure.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your SRX yourself? What have you tried so far?

We have tried nothing, and my husband is kinda wanting to tear into it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Cadillac
12/21/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: KALAMYKID, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 5 months ago
KALAMYKID
KALAMYKID, Shop Owner/ Tech

Will you be able to send me a few pics of the rear suspension? It would be a big help if I could see what is there.

I can, not sure how long it will take, we have to run it up to my brothers to a lift and guessing take a lot of "trim" off.
It may be a few days

Here are the pics I need. A pic form each side rear facing forward with the car on the ground, low so I can see straight forward facing the back of the tire so I can see how far it is leaning, Pics of all the suspension parts with the wheels remove. The more pics from different angles the better.

We will work on that. Thanks. Are you available on here most days or will it just go to another cadillac mechanic? Also, will I be charged the remaining $21 now or later?
For the suspension parts, does it have to be on a lift, or would it work on jacks?

A jack is fine.

I work every day, so I will be the only one working with you on this unless you want a new expert to help you. As for the balance, that will not be charged to you till I post an answer. Even after I post an answer to you, we can keep working in this chat till you no longer need me. If you get stuck you can always accept the live phone call the site purposed and I can talk to you live over the phone. This will be an extra charge, but you do not have to accept it.

okay. thanks

You are very welcome.

Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician