Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I replaced the dash cluster box and now it wont start the…

Customer Question
I replaced the dash...

I replaced the dash cluster box and now it wont start the anti theft is locking out the ignition.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

No the battery is good , I put the old one back and it starts but the odometer and stuff is not working . This why i was relacing.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?

1996 seville

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Seville yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just ordered the dash cluster box the old one was not working

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The anti theft tells me to wait 3 minutes to start and I do but all I get is a flashing anti theft light.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Cadillac
12/20/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 6 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

Ok, do the following learn procedure

1-Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.

2-Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON (vehicle will not start).

3-Observe the SECURITY telltale(this is the security light), after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.

4-Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds .

5-Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes (the vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK). IMPORTANT: The vehicle learns the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or password ***** the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.

6-Start the engine (the vehicle has now learned the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or password).