Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

Under the dash and behind the a/c controls the a/c is making…

Customer Question
Second opinion] under the...

Second opinion] under the dash and behind the a/c controls the a/c is making an intermittent chattering noise. It sounds like something is trying to turn on or off repeatedly. Or like a gear is missing a tooth and trying to turn. Air seems to be blowing fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?

2008 STS

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your STS yourself? What have you tried so far?

Looking for info first, then will tear into it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is there going to be a fee?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Cadillac
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/19/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Kevin, Technician replied 2 months ago
Kevin
Kevin, Technician

Hi im kevin in most cases clicking behind dash is caused by a failing blend door actuator .the actuators are small cogged motors that wear over time and can skip teeth when the hit the stop .the only real repair is to replace the noisy actuator .the easiest way to find which atuator is causing the noise isto put you hand on them and feel for them clicking

Kevin
Kevin
Kevin, Technician