Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

Neff-Rochester, IN 46975 --2017 XTS--Rides hard --feels like…

Customer Question
Roger Neff-Rochester, IN...

Roger Neff-Rochester, IN 46975 --2017 XTS--Rides hard --feels like setting on a brick under each check.---I think the leveling air pressur is to great resulting in the rear of car to be to elevated / headlights to low / ride too hard /The lane change vibrators need to be replaced from the cushion to the frame to on the floor under the seat, making for a more comfortable ride--I'm coming from a 2006DTS, and prefer the ride in my 15 Silverado over the XTS

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?

The car was purchased @Val Ward in Ft Myers and drove to Rochester IN a distance of about 1100 miles, Was taken to Shephard Buick Cheverolet--Local Dealer--"nothing can be done as settings are factory".

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '17 Cadillac?

Model---XTS-kind of loaded--had trouble with DTS and traded on the trip

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your DTS yourself? What have you tried so far?

NO at this time but with out coperation from mechanic I will look it over my self

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My Friend, I only have to understand and master all of the gadgets on this gadget basket.--no thank you

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Cadillac
12/18/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Pete, Cadillac Technician replied 2 months ago
Pete, Cadillac Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

It sounds like this model may have the sports suspension and most likely taller wheels and less tire on the wheels causing this issue.This is a common complaint and unfortunately nothing a dealer can do about this.You can check with a car repair/modification facility to see if they can obtain or offer a different suspension system as well as speak with a tire shop facility to see if they offer a smaller wheel with more tire on it to help.These are usually the only options for this here.If this is not an option for you or was already checked into let me know here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

Pete, Cadillac Technician