Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I'm getting a P0700 code reading. While I was driving I slow…

Customer Question
I'm getting a P0700...

I'm getting a P0700 code reading. While I was driving I slow down to make a stop and when I went to accelerate the car would not go past 2nd gear then after letting it sit a couple hours when I got back in it the check the transmission light was still on but the car drove normal..?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the transmission fluid?

I had just taken it in for an oil change and they said they checked and fill the transmission fluid up this was about 3 weeks ago

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?

2008 cts

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CTS yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I will be fixing it myself but I have not tried anything yet I have just been looking up information on what it could possibly be

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cadillac
12/18/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Mike, Auto Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Mike, Auto Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will be helping you out! I have over thirteen years of experience in the automotive industry for numerous different makes & models. I enjoy doing what I do, it is my life.

That code is a generic code stating the TCM has a code to give you and requested that the check engine light to be on. You now need a scan tool that is able to retrieve Transmission Control Module codes. We need to see what the TCM is trying to tell the PCM. Without that, then we are just making wild guesses.