Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 13 xts and It won't start. Tried jumping it and it…

Customer Question
I have a 13...

I have a 13 xts and It won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yes tried jumping it and it was making a clicking noise

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XTS yourself? What have you tried so far?

Putting my fob in the little slot

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The breaks are stiff

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cadillac
It was find yesterday know it's not working
12/17/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: ggrote1, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
ggrote1
ggrote1, ASE Certified Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

can you remove the battery and have the local parts store test it for volts and cold cranking amps

the odds are that battery is just bad causing this issue

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

I can't drive it anywhere

you need to remove it and have it tested.

these will not usually jump start

what happens if it still good

then there usually is a bad connection at the battery

with what this is doing 99 % of the time just the battery is bad

Cadillac Mechanic: ggrote1, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago

how are you making out ?