Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

Code 300 P misfire. I take the coil wire at the power coil…

Customer Question
Code 300 P misfire ...

Code 300 P misfire

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you seen the misfire code before? Has the car been stalling?

I take the coil wire at the power coil pack on the front

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your 300?

2005 Cadillac Deville

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Take a coil wire at the front

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I take the coil wire at the front the car runs take one of the back cover dies

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Cadillac
12/17/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 2 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you, Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you.

you take the coil wire and do what?

Disconnect the front one altogether Take the back one off and it dies
Do you think my coils in the front are bad

you need to check all cylinders for spark

hows it going?

Cadillac Mechanic: Lou P., ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician

Hello, Lou here,

I can help with this issue.

it sounds like the coil pack or 1 coil on the pack are faulty.

you seem to be on the right track, these are somewhat hard to diagnose unless you can get used ones from the junk yard so you can swap them out 1 at a time, but from what I know the coils were updated to a better set.

I would change the coils and also the plugs since you will have them out.

hope this helps

if at any time you need more assistance please just let me know.

Lou

Lou P.
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician