Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

REMOTE START WORKS AFTER I RECONNECT THE BATTERY NEG, FOR A…

Customer Question
REMOTE START WORKS AFTER...

REMOTE START WORKS AFTER I RECONNECT THE BATTERY NEG, FOR A SHORT TIME, THEN REPEAT.

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

YES

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?

07 STS V6

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your STS yourself? What have you tried so far?

I JUST DISCONNECT THE BAT NEG, THAT WORKS FOR A FEW STARTS, THEN DO THAT AGAIN?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

THATS IT

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cadillac
12/16/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

A check engine light that is illuminated will cause the remote start to not work. Also even if the check engine light is not on and there is a code stored in the computer, the remote start will not work. Also if one of the doors is not getting locked, say from a failed lock actuator the remote start will not work. Also the hood ajar switch, which is built into the hood latch, is a very common item to fail to cause the remote starter to not work.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

1. I am a FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also answer questions here on Just Answer.

2. When you are pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me by clicking on the stars.

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to ask follow up questions.

Thank you for using Just Answer and allowing my to assist you!