Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2002 Cadillac Deville only heats when temperature is turn to…

Customer Question
2002 Cadillac Deville only...

2002 Cadillac Deville only heats when temperature is turn to ninety could it be the heather temperature Ac air door actuator, if so where is it located

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

Yes and replace thermostat

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your DeVille yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes put a radiator on and had it flush

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nothing i can think of right now

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cadillac
12/16/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 4 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

Ok, does yours have separate driver and passenger side temperature controls or just a single temperature control

seperate

HI,

Ok, with separate temperature controls, it has a left side and right side temperature blend door. If neither side is heating up until you turn the temperature on both controls to 90 degrees, this is a climate control unit(the dash control) that is faulty. While I have seen the left and right temperature blend door actuators fail at separate times, I have never seen both fail at the same time.

The climate control unit will need to be replaced to resolve this. It is a fairly easy procedure. see attached directions

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

I made a mistake i have one temperature control

HI,

Ok, most likely the actuator which is located behind the glove box, see attached

You will want to test for voltage on the grey with black wire and the white with black wire as you adjust the temperature. If voltage is present, replace the actuator

What is the number for the actuator behind the glove box, i went to buy one but it's more than one

GM Part number is *****

ACDELCO part number is(###) ###-####/p>

Part number for a Dorman Actuator

Dorman 604-167

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If not, at this time please RATE the answer.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Unless you have a further question on this, at this time please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.

Please note that your expert pays for requested directions out of pocket for your benefit. Failure to give a positive rating means that the expert will no longer be able to provide this service at substantial savings to you

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?

Cadillac Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 3 months ago

at this time please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager