Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

Getting code P0341 code on my 2003 Cadilac CTS 3.2L.

Customer Question
Getting code P0341 code...

Getting code P0341 code on my 2003 Cadilac CTS 3.2L. Sometimes runs real rough but other times ok.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

Sometimes the engine light comes on and that code comes up and other times engine light off and ok.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CTS yourself? What have you tried so far?

Havent tried anything yet. trying to find out where it is, what it looks like and if I can fix myself.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Cadillac
12/14/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 2 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

So this can be a bad CAM sensor, but you should do some testing of the circuit first because it can also be a wiring or computer issue as well as valve timing be off a tooth. Compression would need to be tested to after the circuits.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor