Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

A good friend of mine has a 2010 Cadillac Escalade hybrid. I…

Customer Question
A good friend of mine...
A good friend of mine has a 2010 Cadillac Escalade hybrid. I guess the power steering is hard so he took it into the dealership and they gave him a ridiculous estimate. Here is a picture of the estimate I am in the car business so I can get better deals from the picture I sent you what exactly does the Escalade need and can you send me part numbers so I can get this fixed for him a lot cheaper than the dealership
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Cadillac
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/13/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 5 months ago
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

Cadillac Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 5 months ago

Is the vehicle 2wd or all wheel drive?

All
Cadillac Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 5 months ago

Let me check. Please stand by.

Cadillac Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 5 months ago

Steering Gear part# ***** and outer tie rod part# ***** provided by the vehicle manufacture for this VIN number.

I replace the steering gear part and the tire rod and then it will be good? What is the procedure to replace the steering gear part
Cadillac Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 5 months ago

There is no cause or codes present on the dealer sheet but according to that these two components are faulty and need replacement. Attached is the manufacture provided procedure for steering gear replacement on this vehicle. Since it is a hybrid, compatible scan tool is needed to reset and program the steering components and special procedures need to be followed to make sure no damage is caused to vehicle electronics.

Cadillac Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 5 months ago

Do you have any other questions?

Cadillac Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 5 months ago

Hello, just checking if any updates?

Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician