Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Overheating on needle but when I press the gas and hold at…

Customer Question
Overheating on needle but...

Overheating on needle but when I press the gas and hold at idle it goes back down

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?

Yes none

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Cadillac?

2002 with 142,367 miles

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Everything in the coolin system

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cadillac
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/12/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Has there been any recent repairs to the system? what have you done so far to troubleshoot this?

Changed my water pump thermostat and radiator it runs for like ten 15 minutes and then the temp needle starts to rise. Then I idle the car at 1500 rpm and then it's starts going back sownt
Down
It's not mixing oil and water it cranks right up no problem and has all the power it suppose to have

Sounds like you may have some air in the system, how did you bleed it?

Didn't know how to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYkKW0OyeUc

heres a video and here is the funnel you will need to use for that

https://www.tooltopia.com/lisle-24680.aspx?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=paid_search_google_pla&adpos=1o1&scid=scplpLIS24680&sc_intid=LIS24680&gclid=CjwKCAiAmb7RBRATEiwA7kS8VPvETH7nZ7tIRMBjx3li2aoeylMyRdL0YG9YLd-OLMuojfwWZ8cDeRoCjJQQAvD_BwE

Is this garenteed to work

what do you mean fix your problem? this will fix any air bubbles you have in the system.

hows it coming?

Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician