Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2005 sts v8 4.6 109k, transmission was not shifting good,

2005 sts v8 4.6...

2005 sts v8 4.6 109k, transmission was not shifting good , would drop into neutral out of the blue.. I had transflush and filter changed the fluid was black, the trans place told me to get rid of car, it was working well in*****or manual shift, for 3 weeks, now today . it will only go in drive or any forward only reverse. could this be all the shift selonoids need to be replaced or valve body . computer? please help

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?

New trans oil cooler was put in by dealer about 100k, its a 2005

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your STS yourself? What have you tried so far?

Transflush and filyers and fluids changed by reputable trans shop

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It wont go in drive only reverse was shifting fine in 4 or manula shift

12/11/2017
KALAMYKID
KALAMYKID, Shop Owner/ Tech

I am sorry to say it but if the fluid was black, then the clutches in the transmission are burnt up. The only thing you can do at this point is rebuild it or replace it with a used one.

KALAMYKID
KALAMYKID, Shop Owner/ Tech