Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2013 Cadillac xts - car wasn't recognizing the key fob all…

Customer Question
2013 Cadillac xts -...

2013 Cadillac xts - car wasn't recognizing the key fob all the time. Doors stopped unlocking by pushing button on handle. Then when that didn't work, I used the buttons on the fob. now the car can't read the fob, the fob buttons don't work and I have to put one of the fobs in the glove box to start the car. Both batteries show 3.2volts?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

Yes they are both new measuring 3.2 volts with fluke meter

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XTS yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not normally

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cadillac
12/11/2017
Cadillac Mechanic: Mike S., ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician

Hi, I am Mike, welcome. I'm reviewing your question.

When a door lock switch is activated in the lock or unlock position, the BCM will receive a ground signal on either the door lock switch lock or unlock signal circuits.

The BCM, upon receipt of a lock switch lock or unlock signal, will supply battery voltage to the door lock actuator lock or unlock control circuits. Since the opposite side of the lock actuator is connected to ground through the other lock actuator control circuit, the doors will then lock or unlock as commanded.

The following three circuits are used to operate the lock:

• Driver door unlock
  • Passenger door unlock
  • All door lock

The driver door lock actuator is isolated so it can be unlocked by itself using the keyless entry transmitter.

Now with that done said, I believe the next step is to have the trouble codes retrieved from the BCM and then I should be able to provide you with a trouble shooting procedure.

I think you may get one of these codes, Power Door Lock Switch Malfunction - DTC B3140, B3145, B3150, or B3155 so let me know.

Excellent Mike. Thank You

here is the troubleshooting procedure,

Did that answer your question? If so, kindly leave me a positive rating, so I get credit. After all, you have already made the deposit.
If you don't, the deposit you made will just sit there and I won't get my share of it.